We are so proud to announce that the Hawaiian Eye Foundation was selected as 1 of 5 awardees for the coveted XOVA grant by Novartis! At the 2018 EURETINA conference on September 20th, the five eXcellence in Ophthalmology Vision Award (XOVA) winners were announced from the 100 applicants in 34 countries. “The 2018 XOVA winners will help create sustainable eye clinics, train healthcare professionals, fight childhood blindness and increase eye health awareness in rural populations.” HEF will be using the funds for the development of a retina clinic within the Yap hospital in the Federated States of Micronesia. The first mission of this program kicks off in January, led by Dr. Joe Olk. If you are interested in helping us build this self-sustainable eye care center, please contact us. Please see the full article here: XOVA Award Winners.
- Mahalo to Eye Physicians Network (EPN)!
- Hawai’i Cataract Days 2019 PSA & Call for Applicants
- HEF Executive Director, Darrah Kauhane Named Bizwomen.com Headliner
- HEF is XOVA Grant Recipient to Develop a Sustainable Eye Care System and Transform Communities in Micronesia
- From Yap to Hawaii: Local Honolulu Medical Team up to Gift Prosthetic Eye to 10-year old Micronesian Girl