In order to uphold the work we do in each country, we have decided to grow our organization through sustainable clinics. To preserve the humble efforts we have made in each country and to perpetuate our doings, we strive to create longevity by:
- Training surgeons and healthcare workers
- Teaching best practices to clinic staff for efficiency
- Employing local staff who examine, screen and refer patients
- This helps in patient recruitment and increases trust despite stigmas
- Having a fully equip operating room for our mission surgeons to return each year
- Rotating various HEF specialists (all volunteers) to the clinic each year so all patients can be attended to
- A telemedicine program allows input while not in-country
- In certain clinics, helping to establish a payment system that provides services at extremely discounted rates with a sliding scale payment system that assures that those who can pay, do, and those who cannot afford to pay, receive free services. All receive the same quality care regardless of the ability to pay.
- supplies and surgical services are provided for free by HEF and partners
- only enough profit to pay local employees and keep the clinic open
These topics will assure the maintenance and conservation of a permanent clinic to provide quality service, even in HEF’s absence.