THE PERFECT GIFT FOR ANY HOLIDAY OR OCCASION
Since 1984, we’ve served the blind in developing countries. You can sponsor a sight-saving eye surgery in honor of a loved one. Donate $100 by December 17th and receive a keepsake ornament and a photo of your patient. They make great stocking stuffers!
(click on the gray dots to see what others had to say)
“Each Christmas, I sponsor a patient for each of my six grandchildren. They get so excited to see who they have helped this year. This sort of present allows me to remind them what the holidays are really about and that it is always more important to give than to receive.”Powerful-lesson Grandma
“I know that when I decide to purchase a gift for my wife, it better be good. How much more thoughtful can I get than to change a patient and their family’s lives on her behalf?!“Husband of the year
“What do you buy for your boss or coworkers? You don’t want to offend them with the wrong sized sweater or insult their importance to you by getting them drink coasters. This is the perfect gift that shows you care and that you know they are a person of character who will appreciate a meaningful gift as well.“Play-it-safe coworker
This holiday season, give a meaningful gift that shows you really care. On behalf of a loved one, share a gift that will change a patient’s life.
When you sponsor a poor blind patient in a developing country, you will receive a photo of your patient. From now until December 17th, you will also receive a Hawaiian Eye Foundation ornament.
*As soon as you donate, we will email you asking where you want the gift mailed and if you have any special instructions.
Why sponsor a cataract surgery as a gift?
- You will be giving a patient regained vision. Many of our patients have not seen for 5-15 years! Help them get back to work so that they can provide for themselves and their families.
- Many of our patients do not have access to eye care where they live. If they do, they could never afford to be cared for if not for our volunteers. Most have never even had an eye exam before!
- When our blind patients are able to see again, their caretakers (usually the youngest adolescent in the family or a spouse) are able to go to school or return to work now that they dont have to care for their loved one 24/7.
- See the smile that you caused! You will receive a photo of your grateful patient and a keepsake ornament to remember how you changed a life each holiday season. We will have a different ornament every year – collect them all!
- All donations to HEF are deductible. We will send you a thank you letter with our ID and information for tax purposes.
Where does my donation go?
- Every dollar you donate is multiplied 20-fold by our generous partners and sponsors to provide a full cataract surgery.
- Your money is truly making a difference. We are proud to say that only 5% of our funds go towards the administration who insure that each surgery only costs an excess of $100. That means 95% of all donations go straight to our patients!
As you celebrate the holidays, please consider sharing your love with a blind patient living in poverty.Sponsor a patient! Sponsor 2 patients! Sponsor 3 patients! Sponsor 5 patients! Sponsor 10 patients! Donate a custom amount